McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pa's Fiddle: Tunes played by Laura Engalls Wilder's Father Charles

I had missed this up till now but a very interesting set of CD's were recorded called, "Pa's Fiddle". This is a compilation of the known songs that Charles Engalls played while Laura Engels Wilder was growing up. What is even more interesting than that is the list of musicians who contributed to the effort. Pa's Fiddle Band (Shad Cobb, banjo, fiddle ; Matt Combs, fiddle ; Dennis Crouch, bass ; Matt Flinner, mandolin ; Buddy Greene, harmonica ; Bryan Sutton, guitar ; Jeff Taylor, accordion, pennywhistle piano) ; with Joe Weed, fiddle ; David Grier, guitar ; Derek Jones, bass." You may recognize David Grier and Bryan Sutton as two of the very best guitar pickers...ever. I recognize many of the others as well as very fine musicians of note. Clearly this must a quality recording that I will have to buy later this year. It's available several places. Just google or Bing it. Like I said, I am not a money making enterprise here. My wife thinks I should be but I tell her how disappointed in the amount this humble blog would generate. Nope. This is a labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.