McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Thursday, February 21, 2013

New book review coming soon

I finally bought Howard Marshall's book on Missouri Fiddling, "Play me Something Quick and Devilish" I am working on it now and will offer a review immediately after finishing it. I can say that you for sure can regard this book as a must have resource for Missouri fiddling and music. I bought my copy through Amazon and it seems to be cheaper there. I am bothered by the artificial nature of State boundaries and the Arkansas fiddling is not part of that topical coverage. I think there needs to be a book that covers both states. I don't own Gordon McCann and Drew Beisswenger's book on Ozarks Fiddle Music but I soon will and perhaps that covers the ground well enough. I will report on that one too when I get it. UPDATE, MONDAY: I am nearly done reading this wonderful book and will give a review very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.