McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Friday, December 21, 2012

Weissenborn crazy I am!!

This may be where I veer off the reservation a bit and leave purist Old Time music for a bit of something different. I have always loved slide guitar playing and Dobro's. They don't get used in OT that much but certainly they could be.Most people associate them with Bluegrass but I think there is a place for them in OT. Shucks, music is music and good music played on different instruments than fiddles, banjo's and mandolins is not forbidden in my book Recently, Bob Minner exposed me to a Weissenborn guitar played wonderfully by an excellent musician and I was enraptured by the beauty of it. So sit back, enjoy these tunes played on a Weissenborn type guitar. They will be OT tunes. The last one was not truly a Weissenborn style but I included it anyway. Is there a place for slide guitar in OT? I think so. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.