McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Slow blogging and the holidays

It's been nearly two months since my last post. The holidays and my personal health issues have kept me from doing any posting. The recent passing of notable Old Time musicians has also saddened me and I find myself not in much of a mood for posting. I have sometimes wondered about whether I should keep doing the blog as I have shifted my own musical listening and preferences somewhat over these past three years. I must admit I don't listen to OT nearly as much as I once did. I am holding out against any permanent changes due to the real possibility this will soon reverse. I also want to maintain some kind of quality to what I post and not just put stuff up just to post. From time to time I have had to rethink what I do here and maybe I should change things up to keep it interesting to me? I have certain things I have so far failed to do with this that I still want to do. I will try to see if I can get myself off dead center to do them. I want to try to provide more historical information on OT music than I have so far. I am woefully deficient in sources other than the internet and so I will be looking at doing more research at some point. At least, this is my goal. I have also considered adding lifestyle oriented material to the content. I hope you enjoy this blog and what it offers. I want it to be worth the time and effort for you to read and for me to write. In the meanwhile, have a merry Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.