McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Fine Day At the Kansas Picking and Fiddling Championships

The weather turned good at the last minute and the rains stopped and the sun emerged with it not being too hot and the music commenced with a nice turnout. They do a nice job of it every year. The flatpicking guitar contest was pretty good with some good picking. About three guitars had some really nice tone. Some were duds. I don't know who won any of the contests yet. The banjo contest was a bit disappointing. One good clawhammer player to really take note of. The fiddling contest was good. Some really nice fiddlers. I missed the mandolin contest. Here are som
I fell for the "ultimate Rueben" again. It's not. Just ok. They need more food options please!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a nice day. I onlyh have been to about 3 fiddle contests. They were all great, the best was in Hartford, CT where I went to see a Grateful Dead show. If I remember right another was in Saratoga Springs, NY (also where I went to see the Dead in concert) and the other I cannot recall where. Lots of fun all of them.

    All the best,
    Glenn B

    ReplyDelete

English only. Spam comments are deleted.