McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bob Walters

I have been listening to Bob Walters the well known (at least among the fiddlers) fiddler from Nebraska, and realized how much I liked him. Some of his recordings have terrible quality to them and they sound harsh but this time I found myself really enjoying his playing a great deal. I would encourage you to check him out and see what I am talking about. If you have been reading this blog long, I came close to visiting his gravesite in Nebraska a couple years ago but the camera quit working and I ran out of time on that road trip and could not make it. One day, I hope to. I will try to post more about him in the future. One point I want to make is how I have discovered...or realized how evolutionary my tastes and ears are when it comes to fiddlers and recordings. My early introduction to Walters found me lacking in real enjoyment. I could see that he was a highly skilled player but I did not really care for his work. Now it seems I do. Does this happen to you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.