McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

It's been a little hit and miss and at times downright slow here at the Kansas City Old Time Music blog. I returned to gainful employment this spring and little by little my spirits have risen as I returned to actually paying all my bills and having a bit of a life. For a time I could not bring myself to play at all and got pretty rusty and disinterested. In time I have found my self playing a bit more often but still not enough. My New Years resolution is to get disciplined about it again like I used to be and practice daily for a set time on a set time. The metronome will become my new friend. (love hate!) I will return to jams this year after becoming frustrated with my slow rate of progress last time. I will also be pacing myself in my life by paring back on Lodge activities and doing more things that I really really love and like. Like Church and Christian oriented things and music. Ah, music! I am sure that for you it's a kind of irreplaceable elixer of life that supplements my faith in God that combine to make life blessed' and joyful. Ah, God! Praise be to all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts! Praise Him Father Son and Holy Ghost! I give thanks to a loving and gracious Heavenly Father for forgiving me and sending a dream job my way. I thank Him for all blessing and for all my new friends. I try to keep this blog worthy of your visits. It continues to mature with changing goals somewhat but the main goal remains, to make this a source of ready information about Old Time Music here in the heartland. You can find links and people and videos you would have to dig for a long time (as I have) but can find fast here. Be sure to visit the archives for good information. I have added a second page that I hope to use for a reference place. It just takes my time and effort and I hope this winter moves me to get er done. Eventually, if I EVER get good enough, I will post clips of my own playing later this year. (yeah right Gary!) Really. And I hope I don't scare you off. There are folks out there I don't know about still and I often ask for people to tell me about themselves or others. But they never do! I wish there could be more interaction but then I know from other bloggers that can be hard. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.