McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Civil War reenactment, and some OT tunes. My weekend





I attended the Civil War reenactment at Lexington Mo. for the "Battle of Lexington" otherwise known as the "Battle of the Hemp Bales" (yes, it was marijauna)
The men and women reenactors did a fabulous job and the "battle" was spectacular. I went out to see my old jam friend Martin Whitehead as one of the reenactors and to join them for some tunes at the old campground.
I did not bring my guitar and a tenor guitar was given for my use but I was useless at that. I heard some nice clawhammer banjo (I don't remember his name...sorry) and Martin's fine playing on his mandolin. Soon enough we were joined by other reenactors who joined in singing and banging pots and pans. A harmonica appeared for a while.
It was great fun for all even if rain loomed for the later evening and the day had seen light rain nearly up to the time of the battle. Fortunately, it stopped raining and the effort went well.
Here are a few pictures of the day, Saturday. Next time, my guitar will come along. I need a small body guitar for such times....hmmmmm?! Am I getting GAS again?

Martin Whitehead is on the left playing the mandolin. He serves in the 2nd Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.