McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Favorite Fiddler is Cyril Stinnett


My official favorite fiddler of all time has changed. Cyril Stinnett was just an awesome fiddler. While I am drawn more to the Ozarks, I have to say that in this http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifcase, this N.W. Mo. Fiddler is just the best overall.
Of course, this is just the opinion of an enthusiast. Not an expert. I know what I like and I like his fiddling. A lot.
http://fiddle.missouri.org/people/profile/

Stop by Charlie Waldens page to hear for yourself.





When I am all indifferent and jaded about fiddling, Cyril brings be around. We cannot let his memory die. I bet he was an interesting old Coot to meet.




3 comments:

  1. my name is lee copeland i grew up knowing cyril and pete stinett.my dad is dave copeland cyrils best friend.i miss listening to cyril my brother lorenzo copeland learned to pley by watchin cyril and won a few contests like bethel mo. yankton s. dakota .and entered many contests across missouri.dad acompanied alot of fiddlers,like pete mcmahan pete stinnett my brother,charlie walden. but these people dont get enough credit for their contributions.i miss cyril,pete stinnett,dwight lamb ,lena hughs,and my brother,1969-20011,rip.i miss going to filmore,graham,bethel,amazonia. i new cyril all my life,and he is and always will be remembered.....just like the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite fiddle tune of cyrils is and alwayys be redbird.sincerly,lee copeland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Charlie Walden for helping keep folks informed about most of the people you mentioned. I hope I can help a bit in that way, myself. Thanks for sharing this with us. Isn't Dave the one playing backup guitar on several of the clips I have seen on facebook? I would love to say more about him if you would share more.

    ReplyDelete

English only. Spam comments are deleted.