McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Guitar

I am going to add to my list of "Do's" for this blog to retrench on my idea of featuring the guitar in Old Time music. There seems to be plenty of fiddlers and Banjo players out there highlighting those instruments but who is holding up guitar? Who? Hey! It's gonna be me!

I love hearing the fiddle but you can hear that at other blogs from the wonderful players who write the blogs. Thank God for Charlie Walden and Jeremy Myers are great places for fiddling.

So, in light of that, I hope to point to resources and video clips and such for guitar in my beloved Old Time music.

And, I am going to loosen the boundaries a bit and wander into Bluegrass territory on occasion. It happens.

I have said this before here but it's part of my renewal of blogging to restate my purpose here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.