McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prairie Village Mandolin Maker


A new FaceBook friend pointed me towards this Mandolin maker who lives in Prairie Village Kansas, just a tad south of me. From what I see on his website, he is a master craftsman. His instruments appear to be fantasic creations of wooden beauty. I have never heard one so I cannot speak to the tone. Even then I am no Mandolin expert.



Mark Franzke is the builder and here is his website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ArylRGWME&feature=related

Oh, yes, he also builds beautiful banjo's.

He has a clip of his playing one of his Mando's and he can play that thing well and it sounds good on the clip.

I will add more to this post later as I am awaiting info from Mr. Franzke

His work looks to be exquisite and from the clip it sounds good. Live is always best. I hope to learn more about this builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.