McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blogging update

The more I reflect, the more I realize how much of what I just posted was said pretty much previously. In much the same way. To my regular readers, I apologize for being in a rut that way. I really do mean for this to be a relevant place for real information. I hope to begin posting more upcoming events as the new year begins and new things are coming this spring.

These remain troubled times for our nation with the murder of a Congresswoman in Arizona today by a disturbed person. Given the upheaval of the economy, my own long term unemployment and shadows of more approaching turmoil and trouble, there are days when it does not seem as important as it once did to discuss Old Time Music. And it really isn't in the scheme of things. And yet at the same time it is.

I am by no means ready to give this up. I know that there is more to do that is within my ability to perform. I still think I have something to say worth reading. I remain humble in my self appraisal but not so much that I think I should be expected to hang my head!

I remain pleased at how many folks I "meet" through this blog. The vast majority of folks are really really nice people. There are a couple snobs out there but what can you expect? Ha Ha! Life is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.