McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Monday, November 15, 2010

Shape note singing for the soul

I'm going through a time when I see the need to be close to our Lord. Times are hard and I can feel Gods comforting presence more and more. I thought it would be good to hear some real old timey Shape note singing for this blog. It has a message from the past to you today if you can hear it.
The people who sang this was were people who lost babies routinely, were devastated by drought and crop failure and had no safety net to catch them.
So they learned to lean on the Lord. Just like me. I hope like you too. The Lord is a loving Father who is there for you. No matter what.
Enjoy these selections



THIS ONE'S FROM MISSOURI!


THIS IS FROM ILLINOIS. NOTE THE MISSOURI INFLUENCE HERE. DOWNSTATE ILLINOIS HAS MORE IN COMMON WITH MISSOURI THAN ROCKFORD WHERE I GREW UP.



GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.