McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Interesting Radio program here in KC metro

I just caught an interesting radio program that's on Saturday mornings at 10 am. on KCXL. Believers and Bluegrass. Today they had a square dance caller join them while fiddle tunes were played. Benny Martin was the fiddler on many of the tunes but these tunes were more generally true to Old Time than Bluegrass. Certainly some had a Bluegrass tinge but not so much.
Check it out. I will try to make it my habit to listen in every Saturday.
The host is strictly old school rural Missouri which in my humble opinion makes it all the more interesting.
We just don't have any Bluegrass on the Radio channels here locally as far as I know. I will have to research this some more. At least there is an hours worth on Saturdays. Give this a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.