McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Shenandoah by Connie Dover

Shenandoah clearly qualifies as "Old Timey". Just not a fiddle tune. But old. It's one of my favorite tunes. One of the first I could play on the guitar and I still love to play it simple.
The song moves me like few others and I can't explain it. I get tearful hearing it sometimes and I don't know why. My heart is just moved by those ancient tones that seems to cause it to tremble and my eyes water. I just don't understand it's power over me that way but then I quit over analyzing long ago.

This version is from Connie Dover who is a wonder and a jewel from KC. I think she still lives here but I am not certain. She sings like an angel and I need to see her live someday soon.

Go visit her website and learn more. In the meanwhile, enjoy this traditional song done superbly. Don't be surprised if it tears you up...but maybe it's just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.