McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Monday, September 20, 2010

Alita Stoneking

She is Fred Stoneking's daughter. She..can..play..the..fiddle! She does a great job in this contest. I think I have posted this clip before. Sorry for the repeat but I was thinking of her and look forward to the day I get to see her play live.
She is carrying on the tradition and doing it up right.



Take note that this is Missouri fiddling. Different than Appalachian. I am not expert enough to explain the differences but I can tell that it's different. Charlie Walden could explain it better so go visit his site for that. (See my links)


I do know that she is getting out there and is playing. I just don't know where. I will have to work on that.

And she is versatile. Plays guitar here



That's Tom Weisgerber on the fiddle and that lad can fiddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.