McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Revival!

Just like when I lived in the Ozarks and attended the annual Revival at the Baptist Church,so also did the Kansas State Fiddling and Picking Championship revive my musical spirits. It's fun to play again and my interest is generally revived in learning new stuff.

I bought a new learning book at the event to help me a bit on theory and playing without all those tab books. I will do a review of this later after I work with it a bit. I bought this from a fellow I met at Stringband Rendezvous's saturday morning jam. He came up with an idea he calls, "Fretboard Toolbox".

It looks interesting so I went for it.
I still want to get Martha Haehl's "Play well with others". This is another jam aid.
Update: I bought the "Chord Wheel" today. Circle of fifths thing. It will be my new jam crutch along with the Fretboard Toolbox.
I will try to get "Play well with others" soon.


I believe I am ready now. That is always the "key" isn't it. Pun? yes!

Wish me well.

I have no financial interest in anyone or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.