McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kansas Fiddling Contest tomorrow and other ramblings

I was tied up in Lodge all day today and had to take a nap when I got home. Long day.
Tomorrow I will attend the Kansas Fiddling Contest and watch the fiddling and flatpicking contests.

Warning!!

Original content to arrive sunday night! Yes, this blog will provide original content. A real milestone huh?

We have some real good flatpickers in our area and I will cover that as much as I can. I will try to split my time 50/50 at each contest.

Don't worry. I won't be playing in the contest. Not in this lifetime.

I see that there is a Music Store in Ottawa Ks that carries a number of Folk/Traditional instruments and looks to cater to the former customers of the old Mountain Music Shoppe in Shawnee that closed in 08. Google Ottawa Music Store.
Sorry, but that is too far to drive to buy strings and such. Instruments? Maybe.

Things seem to be getting worse for the economy and I don't mean theoretically. Even Kansas saw it's unemployment rate rise this week. I would expect this will increase even more this coming year. It's a good time to recall the things that bring meaning to your life. Whether, family, faith, friends, or music, I hope you are finding your way through this OK.
I well remember quite clearly, hearing my Grandfather relate the extremes they endured and how tough it was to survive. It's our turn now. They made it and we can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.