McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kansas Fiddling and Picking continued

I also want to point out that some real fine bands played at the event today. The Alferd Packer Memorial String Band, The Midday Ramblers, Josh Hungate, High Falutin' String Band played amidst all this contest activity.

I only caught High Falutin' String Band. I heard part of Josh Hungate. I enjoyed both bands. High Falutin' is a bit eclectic. They played two gypsy tunes as well as OT and Bluegrass. My first impression is that they are kind of typical for an accoustic BG OT kind of band in this area. They use humor and an eclectic playlists to keep the crowd entertained. I enjoyed them.

I would have liked to see The Middday Ramblers as they are one of my favorites but could not leave the Youth Fiddling contest.

I enjoy the Alferd Packer Memorial String Band but was too pooped out and had an hour drive ahead so I passed and left.

Again, it had lots of great music for all who came. Just very well done. Great atmosphere and I always enjoy people watching when I am in Lawrence and this event did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.