McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Monday, June 28, 2010

Senator Byrd, Mountain Fiddler RIP (Updated)



I can't say I was a big fan of Sen. Byrd politically. Otherwise, he must have been quite a guy. From this clip you will hear that he COULD play the fiddle. He put out an album back in the seventies and you can hear that he did a good job. Check it~!






What ever your political outlook you have to admit that we are now poorer for no longer having a real old time fiddler in the Senate. Senator Byrd came up from poverty and made something of himself. From the way he could play he obviously played a lot. Is he the last "Old South" Senator?

This is a good example of people being more, yes much more than their politics or political labels. I will do some more research into Senator Byrd as to who he really was. I would now list him as one of the more interesting personalities you might meet or hear of.

UPDATE: County Records will reissue the 1978 recording in CD form in July. This really is a fine recording that I recommend. This has been in the works for a few months now. I think this is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.