McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Monday, May 10, 2010

Winter's Bone the Movie

Daniel Woodrell, my favorite Ozark novelist, wrote an very interesting and gripping novel titled "Winter's Bone" which has been made into a movie and will be released in June. If you have a chance read this book and certainly see the movie.

The trailer is pretty interesting and the reviews are very good.

The book did a superb job of painting a very accurate picture of real life in the poor part of the Ozarks and how folks in certain areas really are.

It's about a teenage girl trying to hold the family together at the family home which has been put up as collateral for a bail bond by the Dad who is a Meth dealer.

However, the reason I am telling you about the movie is the music. I am told they have some good music on the sound track and these musicians who played for this movie are being featured at the Old Time Music Ozark Heritage Festival in West Plains Mo.

http://www.oldtimemusic.org/

If I could, I would sure go to that one. Kim and Jim Lansford remarked how much they liked that Festival. They have played there several times but I don't think they are there this year.

3 comments:

  1. I am in the middle of reading the book. I have a friend who was in the movie. I am not sure what he's playing. I havent had time to see the movie. It never came across my mind to ask him what he played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy Myers commented
    "I am in the middle of reading the book. I have a friend who was in the movie. I am not sure what he's playing. I havent had time to see the movie. It never came across my mind to ask him what he played."

    Some kind of error prevented normal publishing.

    comment back on how you liked the book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally was able to correct the error. Jeremy's comment is now here. Thanks Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete

English only. Spam comments are deleted.