McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, May 29, 2010

June Apple flatpicked

I posted this because June Apple seems to just pick me up and bring me cheer. Certain songs do that. Blue Sky by the Allman Brothers is always there for me in emergencies when I need a musical Prozac. June Apple is a couple notches down in prescription strength but it works for me on most days when melancholia's shadow passes over me.

These two fellows do a superb job of playing this flatpicked. I first heard June Apple from a CD done by a fiddler named Simeon Magby who is an Arkansas Fiddler. This is a no label CD bought at the local music shop across the street from the courthouse at Mountain View Ar.

Of note is the lady playing clawhammer banjo backup who just nails it and just cemented June Apple into my psyche as medicine for my soul by being so joyful. Her lead on that tune was magnificent! I wish I knew her name!

Simeon btw also does a wonderful job. I recommend the CD.

I don't know the names of the pickers here. I would gladly credit them if I did.
Enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.