McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gid Tanner and the Skillett Lickers

Because I focus on the Ozarks and Missouri valley and Kansas and such, I don't go out of my way to talk about those folks back east. Lots and lots of other folks do that much better than I.

I have been listening to Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers tonight and am moved to say that if ever there was a stringband better than them I just don't know who it would be. They are just the cat's pajama's! The Bee's Knee's, and any other appellation you can contrive.

I want you all to know, this former yankee boy from Illinois loves me some Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers. They are my favorite Stringband period.

I won't carry on much more than this but I want you to know where I stand on this issue!

Annnnnnd.....Riley Puckett is the king of back up rhythm guitar players!

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.