McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chaos in the world today

This is not a musical topic but returns to my concerns voiced in two previous blogs about how you should prepare for coming disasters. Today, for a time panic hit the markets and Wall St. went down almost 1000 points before recovering to "only" 350 points down.

My friends, this was not out of the blue but many of us have anticipated this kind of thing. The whole world is teetering on the edge of financial abyss. No matter what your politics are now, the reality is pretty grim and you should rethink what you should do to prepare for new realities.

No way can I not comment on what is happening now. No way. The world is going to change for you and for me no matter where you are, which country you live in or anything else. There is no escape from this. Government and financial powers that be are frantically working to avoid the coming consequences of too much debt. (by everyone, government, personal and business.

Todd Harrison of Minyanville has said it best and simply. We have to go through it to get past it. You cannot escape, Karma, reaping and sowing, consequences however you wish to name it.

You and me have at least this one thing in common. Old Timey music. Still, I would not be your friend if I did not pause to give you counsel on the affairs of today which are most grave. Forgive this nearly old man who feels the need to give you warning of approaching danger. We have never seen such a dangerous chaotic time in my lifetime that we are in now.

To close, I wish to offer you hope. We can all get through this. We really can. I don't mean in a pollyanna way. I mean we can dig deep and grit our teeth and can endure this and come out on the other side. It is not the end of the world. Unless some jackass politician makes some damn fool decision to start a war......

And finally my friends. Join me in prayer for us all. I believe in a loving heavenly Father who cares for his children. I believe there is a loving God watching over us who has the final say in all this we call destiny.

To close, I would urge you to see that material posessions and money are not the things that bring you the richest rewards and satisfaction in life. Your family and friends and the wider community is what should matter most to you. Draw nigh to your family and bring them close to your heart. While you can. A day is coming when you will no longer be able to embrace them and will stand before our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.