McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stringband Rendezvous coming soon

Stringband Rendezvous is approaching. May 14,15,16th at Clinton Lake. What is Stringband Rendezvous? It's a gathering of local Stringbands of various persuasions where the participants can camp out and jam and perform in a family friendly atmosphere.

I have never been. This will be my first time and I am going to be a volunteer. Probably Saturday. I don't know if I am going to camp or not. If electricity is available I will probably camp out. Why do I need electricity? Why don't I revert to my Jeremiah Johnson ways and rough it? Simple. My sleep apnea demands a CPAP machine so I can sleep. It is not easy getting old and it's the price I have to pay to have a clear mind and rest.

I just checked the band list and no one is listed yet but I think I read elsewhere that the Alferd Packerd Stringband will be there. I don't know about anyone else yet. As far as I know, you don't have to be in a band to attend or participate. I certainly am not. As they say, Ya'll come!

Please visit the website for directions and updates. I will try to post more about this as well. http://www.stringbandrendezvous.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.