McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shawnee Jam progress

Tonight we had a great jam. It was Old Time all the time and we made some progress as a group. I am too tired out to say much now but I will update sunday with the tune list. Thanks to all who came out and played with us tonight. Without you, I would be playing alone. Like I used to.
Playing with others is an absolutely vital step to improving your playing. It is helping mine. And I needed help.
I am pulling out of my musical funk and am starting to play more often. It's time to learn some new songs and the tune list will keep me busy at that.
I really like Angelina the Baker. Thats my first tune to learn the lead. Oh, dang, I forgot to bring my camera tonight. No pictures of this session.
Many of the people I have jammed with over the last few months are "musical people". They have it in their bones. Unfortunately, I am not. It comes hard for me. I have to really work at it. What keeps me at it is my love for the music and I love to play with others. Even if I am not good. Someday, I will be...better. Maybe not "good" but OK. And I appreciate what I learn from those who know so much more.

1 comment:

  1. The more I play the more comfortable I get.

    It was fun to stop by for a bit.

    I also find the more different players and types of jams I go to..I develop a better ear and rhythm.

    ReplyDelete

English only. Spam comments are deleted.