McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jam coming up again this saturday

The jam returns this saturday. As I mentioned previously, we will only play songs and materials related to Old Time or Bluegrass. While not being overly strict about this, and keeping an open mind about what constitutes appropriate material, it's obvious that Jazz and Blues and Rock are not what we are about. This jam is for folks like me who wish to play Old Time and Bluegrass with others.

Martin suggested and I have had this in mind myself, that we develope a core song list to work on. We will begin this process saturday. Later today, I will post some song suggestions. Bring your list with you as well. If you have a song, please bring tab, chords or sheet music if you have it.

UPDATE
Here are some tunes we played recently that I think we can handle
1. Soldiers Joy
2. Ashokan Farewell
3. Fly around my little miss
4. Whiskey Before Breakfast
5. Salt Creek
6. Sourwood Mountain.
7. Arkansas Traveler.
8. Over the waterfall.
PLEASE SEND YOUR SUGGESTIONS TO ME HERE OR BRING THEM WITH YOU SATURDAY.

I will bring music for all of the above.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the jam? (I'm not in KC now, but often visit family and would like to stop by when I'm in town)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Shawnee at the corner of Neimann and Johnson Drive in the Masonic Lodge. Please visit FolkJam.org for details. This is the
    Keep on the Sunnyside Old Time and Bluegrass Jam. Ya'll Come!!!

    ReplyDelete

English only. Spam comments are deleted.