McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Friday, March 19, 2010

Shawnee Jam update on material played

As I have said, I may not be the best person to run a jam given my very modest playing abilities. This is certainly my first attempt.

While I have enjoyed playing with everyone who has attended so far, I have been in a quandry about how to deal with the fact that a couple players really don't play the kind of music we are looking for in this jam.

So I really need to be clear that this jam is about Old Time and Bluegrass and for those who wish to join us to please respect that. I know that there is a real need for a place for folks to jam who don't really play these kinds of songs.

So, I am willing to look at forming a second jam with a more general "acoustic/Americana" genre. I have friends who have not attended yet that would appreciate that kind of playing opportunity and this would be a good fit for those who have attended that really don't play Old Time.

Then again, there IS a really nice Jam at Greg McCartheys place in Leawood (usually). This would be one option to you folks. Given that, I don't know that I should form another one to compete with that one given that its a good jam. Why duplicate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.