McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss

This was a tune Martin brought and played that we liked. I know I really did.
Here are the lyrics.



Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss



Fly around my pretty little miss
Fly around my daisy
Fly around my pretty little miss
You almost drive me crazy

The higher up the cherry tree
The riper grows the cherries
The more you hug and kiss the girls
The sooner they will marry

Coffee grows on white oak trees
The river flows with brandy
If I had my pretty little miss
I'd feed her sugar candy

Going to get some weevily wheat
I'm going to get some barley
Going to get some weevily wheat
And bake a cake for Charlie

This is one set of traditional lyrics. There are of course others which is common for fiddle tunes.

If this were academia I would be spouting about the "dynamism" of fiddle tunes about now. Instead I will shut up.










I am going to learn this one and expect to hear it at the jam.

I found these chords

Intro- C

C A G F
I know you're making accidents and stars for everyone
C A G F
you're amazing half of them won't know until you're gone
C A G F
and in this ritual you take command and lose control
C A G F
and in this situation find an ocean, sell your soul

F * C
fly around my pretty little miss
why don't you
F* C
fly around my pretty little miss
why don't you
F* C
fly around my pretty little miss
why don't you
F* C
fly around my pretty little miss

These are not the true blue traditional lyrics but will serve the purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.