McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Banjo Billy Matthews doing what comes natural

Why yes, he does play banjo. Makes it look smooth and easy.


This is from the "Listen up Illinois" broadcast. I am leaving the discussion in for your information and edification.

Billy Matthews is the real deal. I HAVE to find a way to get him back to our area in Kansas City again.

I had noticed that I tend to post fiddlers a great deal and have been neglecting clawhammer banjo, another of my favorite instuments.
I far prefer clawhammer banjo to the three finger roll bluegrass style. I am just weary of the TOO LOUD bluegrass banjo work in bluegrass.
I also really enjoy clawhammer with no finger picks for that mellower tone.

I have great doubts about my ability to pick up the fiddle but I think I stand a chance with clawhammer banjo. I nearly bought a banjo from Jim Curley the year before his shop closed and wish I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.