McClurg Jam

McClurg Jam

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Field Recorders Collective


I just had someone tell me about this website that I also just added to my links list. I think this website/organization is something special. Field recordings taken by various people over the years for their own enjoyment, of Southeastern, Appalacian musicians have been preserved and reformed into CD's. Artists include mostly regional unknowns but Tommy Jarrell is included.

This is a great place to get some authentic Old Time Music by some players from the 60's on. This material would have been lost but fortunately this has now been saved for our listening pleasure. Much like what Gordon McCann did for the Ozarks Fiddlers.

Be sure to stop by there and add it to your own favorites list for future referance.
I will be shopping there myself....right after I get a job.


http://www.fieldrecorder.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

English only. Spam comments are deleted.